Second GCW Snow Watch Meeting
13-14 June 2016, Columbus, Ohio USA
The Second Session of the Global Cryosphere Watch Snow Watch Team was held at the Byrd Polar and Climate Research Center in Columbus Ohio, June 13-14, 2016. The meeting was attended by seven members of the Snow Watch Team and ten invited experts. The objectives of the meeting were to:
- Update/review progress in the action items identified in the first GCW Snow Watch meeting in Toronto in 2013; confirm on-going initiatives.
- Develop a draft Terms of Reference for the Snow Watch Team.
- Provide an update on the current state of global snow cover monitoring activities and products; identify gaps and issues for further action.
- Identify contributions to other GCW activities e.g. CryoNet, terminology, guidelines/best practices.
- Discuss potential products and information to support the proposed WMO Polar Regional Climate Centres.
- Identify priority issues that can be moved forward through GCW Snow Watch initiatives; establish task teams and timelines.
- To start the process to identify priorities for future space-based observing missions.
The agenda, local information, and documents are available via the links at right.